You have access to a variety of resources designed to help you manage your child and/or elder care responsibilities.

Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

Child and elder care is a significant expense. With a dependent care FSA, you can pay less for child and elder care expenses by using tax-free dollars.

  • Contribute up to $5,000 a year to help cover your eligible dependent care expenses, including child care for children up to age 13 and care for dependent elders. Visit UnitedHealthcare to reimburse yourself for payments you’ve made.
  • Select your annual contribution amount during Annual enrollment. You can only change your contribution amount during the year if your personal situation changes.
  • Use it or lose it — unused money does not carry over at the end of each year, so plan carefully.

Child or elder care through LifeWorks

If you need assistance in caring for a family member so you can be at work, you can access LifeWorks for child or elder care referral services.

Visit LifeWorks (Username: stryker; Password: 4260) or call 866-785-4572 for more information.