Plan your departure

Upon the end of your employment with Stryker, be sure to review the following information to help ensure a smooth transition to the next stage of your personal and professional journey.

iconFinal paycheck

Deductions from your final paycheck will include (if applicable), your healthcare plan contributions, special deductions (e.g. garnishments, United Way, Day Care FSA, supplemental life insurance and employee stock purchase plan), 401(k) plan contributions and any other expenses owed to Stryker.

icon401(k) plan

If you have a vested balance in the 401(k) plan, you’ll receive a letter from Vanguard soon after you leave the company. This letter informs eligible employees how to take a distribution of their account and/or any rollover options via the web. Vanguard can be reached at 800-523-1188.

iconCOBRA and healthcare plan

Coverage terminates on your last day of employment. You will be notified in writing by HealthEquity/WageWorks, our COBRA administrator, of your COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act) rights within 44 days of termination.

COBRA gives you and your covered dependents the opportunity to continue health coverage for up to 18 or 36 months by paying the premiums at your own expense. HealthEquity/WageWorks can be reached at 866-206-5751 or the HealthEquity/WageWorks website.

For more information on COBRA, see your Summary Plan Description (SPD) and your 2021 COBRA rates. Please note that you must be on the Stryker network to access the rates.

iconSupplemental health benefits

If you leave Stryker, you may be eligible to convert your Transamerica supplemental benefit policy to an individual policy. Please contact Transamerica within 31 days of your termination date to find out about eligibility, application requirements and premiums. Contact Transamerica at 855-244-8318.

iconLife insurance

Coverage under the group life insurance contract terminates on your last day of employment. You may be able to convert or port your group life insurance to a personal policy at your own expense. This request must be received by The Hartford within 91 days from the coverage termination date. Requests received more than 91 days after the employee’s group coverage terminates will be denied. Contact myHR, or see the Plan’s Insurance Certificate for additional information.

iconShort-term disability

Short-term disability terminates on your last day of employment. There are no provisions for continuation or conversion of coverage. Qualifying disabilities, which occur prior to separation, will remain covered by the plan. See the plan’s Summary Plan Description (SPD) for additional information.

iconLong-term disability

Long-term disability coverage terminates on your last day of employment. You may be eligible to convert coverage that you had in effect while an employee. The request to convert must be made within thirty-one (31) days from date of separation. Qualifying disabilities, which occur prior to separation, will remain covered by the plan. See your Summary Plan Description (SPD) or contact myHR for more information.

iconFlexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)

Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) terminates on your last day of employment. You may continue to submit claims for expenses incurred up to the date your participation ended. The deadline for claims submission is March 31st of the following year. If you are eligible, you may elect to continue participation in the Healthcare FSA through COBRA, in which case the contributions are on an after-tax basis and are increased by 2% to cover administrative costs. UnitedHealthcare is the claims administrator, and can be reached at 800-387-7508 for additional information.

iconHealth Savings Account (HSA)

You own the Health Savings Account (HSA), so the account is in your name and is portable. The account and the entire balance goes with you, including the contributions made by Stryker. You can continue to withdraw funds for eligible expenses from your HSA after leaving Stryker or retiring. However, you cannot continue to contribute to the HSA unless you are enrolled in a qualified HSA-compatible plan. Any monthly maintenance fees previously covered by Stryker will begin being charged to you at the time of separation. For any questions regarding your account, you can contact UnitedHealthcare at 800-387-7508 or OptumBank at 800-791-9361 Option 1.

The HSA is separate from the UHC Premium HSA and Basic HSA medical plan options. For information on how to continue these medical plans through COBRA, refer to the Summary Plan Description (SPD).

iconEmployee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)

If you contributed to the Employee Stock Purchase Plan through payroll deductions, you have an account with Computershare. After all applicable holding requirements are met under the ESPP, you will receive a letter from Computershare detailing available distribution options. You must contact Computershare directly at 800-639-0119 for further transactions.

iconTuition Reimbursement Plan

Eligibility in the Tuition Reimbursement Plan terminates on your last day of employment.

iconChange of address

You must notify myHR at 877-795-2002 of any address changes to ensure that wage information documents (e.g., W-2) and future mailings can be properly delivered.

Need help with your benefits?

Contact myHR at 877-795-2002 or

Enrolling in Medicare

If you are eligible for Medicare, here’s some information to help you understand the benefits available to you and when to enroll.

Your Medicare benefits are divided into three parts:

icon PART A covers inpatient hospital services.

In addition to inpatient hospital services, Part A covers care in a skilled nursing facility (SNF) or hospice. Note that it does not cover outpatient Emergency Room visits. You're eligible to sign up for Part A during the seven-month Initial Enrollment Period (IEP), which begins three months before you turn 65 and continues until the last day of the third month after your 65th birthday. It is essential that you sign up during the IEP or you may have to pay a late enrollment penalty. For the majority of people who sign up on time, Part A is premium free.

iconPART B covers doctor visits and preventive care.

There are specific timing requirements involved in signing up for Medicare Part B. If you delay past these specific enrollment timelines, you will pay a higher monthly premium. You can sign up for Part B within your first eligible IEP without paying higher monthly premiums. You also will have the opportunity to enroll in Part B during the eight-month Special Enrollment Period (SEP) after your Stryker employee health benefits end without paying a late penalty.

iconPART D covers prescription drug costs through a private insurance plan approved by Medicare.

The Medicare Supplement medical plan offered to you provides coverage that can take the place of Medicare Part D. Keep in mind: If you don't enroll in Part D during the IEP or within exactly 63 days after your employer-provided drug benefits end, you will have to pay a penalty, and drug benefits may be delayed, causing you to have to pay retail cost for expensive prescriptions.

Visit for more information.